Parent Connection (PX)
To engage the Woodlawn parent community and utilize the skills and abilities of volunteers in ways that enhance school programs and build relationships.
- Provide opportunities for volunteers to use their areas of expertise to support, plan and enhance school activities in accordance with the mission of Woodlawn School.
- Build connections among new and current families in the Woodlawn community.
- Develop an invested group of community members that become natural spokespersons for the school in the larger market.
- Offer additional school services that would not be available without the addition of staff.
- Coordinate an annual community building event to raise additional funds for the school.
Ann Marie Reiner
2017-18 Volunteer Opportunities
Lower School Parent Team
This group will help plan and coordinate the annual Fall Festival and several K-4 social outings throughout the year. Perfect for the parent who wants to be part of putting a smile on that K-4 child’s face! Organizational skills and creativity are a plus. A flair for arts and crafts can also be beneficial for the Fall Festival.Time Commitment: Plan to put in 5-10 hours of service throughout the year, with the heaviest time commitment prior to the Fall Festival event.
Middle School Parent Team
Upper School Parent Team
Green & White Gala (Annual Auction)
This group will help plan and coordinate the Green & White Gala in the Spring. Perfect for the parent who wants to be part of a community building and an annual fundraising event for the school. Event planning is helpful, but not necessary, in this role. There are volunteering opportunities that suit a variety of individual talents, schedules and circumstances. The Gala coordinators will lead this committee.Time Commitment: Planning begins months in advance, with the heaviest commitment in January/February.
Christmas in Davidson Team
School Spirit Team
This group will coordinate events to boost school spirit before several of our home games. Among other games, this group will also organize the annual faculty vs. student basketball game to be held in February or early March each year.Time Commitment: This committee will require chunks of time at various points throughout the year, but the hours can be split among the group.